Cooling fall water temps send baitfish and bass back into the shallows where they put on the feed bag. Kyle Peterson demonstrates the power of topwater walking baits from his kayak for finding and triggering fish during the fall and some key locations to consider. *Product links at the bottom of the description.
- 13 Fishing Dual Pitch Pencil Walking Bait
- Old Town Predator PDL Kayak (Austin Kayak)
- Full Specs on Predator PDL
- 13 Fishing Omen Black 3 Casting Rod 7'5" Medium-Heavy
- 13 Fishing Inception Casting Reel, 6.6:1
- Sufix 832 Braided Line, 30lb
Peterson's strategy is to cover water quickly with horizontal baits to locate active fish, then make presentation adjustments if necessary. He shares his unconventional approach to fishing walking baits through hard cover like lily pad stems, bullrushes (aka tulles) and wood. Lastly, he explains why dual hook versions are a better choice than three hook varieties for fishing cleanly through cover.
His in-summary advice... consider fishing topwater baits in the fall where you normally catch bass in the spring.