Wired2fish’s Mitch Anderson and Kobie Koenig target bass on a new lake in Part 2 of their summer bass fishing VLOG series. While a range of topwater and subsurface baits produced in Part 1, hollow body frogs dominated the bite in Part 2 on this grass-infested lake.
KOBIE’S FROGGING SETUP
- FROG – SPRO Dean Rojas Bronzeye Poppin’ Frog 60, color – Midnight Walker
- ROD – Team Lew’s Pro Speed Stick Casting Rod, 7’6″ H
- REEL – Lew’s Hypermag Casting Reel, 7.3:1
MITCH’S TOKYO RIG SETUP
- HOOK – VMC Tokyo Rig Heavy Duty Flipping Hook, 4/0
- WEIGHT – VMC Flippin Weights, 1/4-ounce
- SKIRT – Dirty Jigs Replacement Skirts
- TRAILER – Strike King Rage Bug
- ROD – Daiwa Tatula EliteCasting Rod, 7’3″ MH
- REEL – Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Reel, 8.1:1
- LINE – Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon, 20lb
- FROG – SPRO Dean Rojas Bronzeye Frog 65, color – Diamond Back
- SPINTAIL FROG – Teckel USA Spinker Frog
Anderson leads the video with a unique rigging method that converts a Flipping Tokyo Rig into a super weedless jig, complete with a silicone skirt and flapping craw trailer. The bite, however, quickly shifts to the top, where hollow body popping frogs outproduce walking and spin-tail varieties.
The boys get adventurous and navigate their boat through a narrow channel into an entire backwater flat loaded with lily pads. Koenig starts dominating “little Mitchy” with his popping frog program. He explains why he prefers popping frogs over walking (when he can get away with it) on expansive grass flats and how a bright color accent on the cupped frog nose improves hooking percentages.
- SUNGLASSES (Mitch) – Costa Rincon Sunglasses, lens – Silver Mirror
- SUNGLASSES (Kobie) – Costa Del Mar Whitetip Sunglasses
- MOTOR – Mercury Pro XS FourStroke, 150hp
- TROLLING MOTOR – MotorGuide Tour Pro Trolling Motor
- BOAT – Ranger Z185 Bass Boat
- SHALLOW WATER ANCHOR – Power-Pole Blade