From stern to bow, Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson’s Lund 2075 Pro-V Bass is a hyper-tricked out bass fishing machine more than capable of competing on famed tournament waters throughout North America or multi-species guiding on Canada’s famed Lake of the Woods. Gussy gives Wired2Fish a full walk-through of the boat, engine, electronics and accessories that round out the most current equipment available. Keep in mind that we understand a configuration like this isn’t for everyone (budget or need) – Gussy is a national touring pro making a living from this boat. If nothing else, it’s fun looking under the hood of a performance machine with all the bells and whistles.
- Lund 2075 Pro-V Bass Boat
- Mercury 250hp Pro XS FourStroke
- T-H Marine ATLAS Jack Plate, 10-inch
- Minn Kota Talon, 12 feet
- Minn Kota Talon Jackplate Adapter Bracket
- Minn Kota Talon Tilt Brackets
- Minn Kota Talon Wireless Foot Pedal
- Minn Kota ULTREX, 112-pound 36-volt
- Minn Kota Precision On-Board Charger, MK 460PC
- Humminbird HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N
- Humminbird SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
- Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
- Hydra Multi-Connection Marine Battery Terminals
- KVD KONG Extreme Strength Electronics Mount
- HydroWave H2 Fish Feeding Stimulator
- T-H Marine G-Force Trolling Motor Handles
- T-H Marine Steer Stop Hydraulic Steering Locks
- m-y wedge Motor Support
- Odessy Extreme Series Batteries
- The Rod Glove, Casting
- The Rod Glove, Spinning
Gussy starts by discussing why he chooses to run an aluminum bass boat over fiberglass, and what makes Lund’s IPS2 hull an optimal blend of big water and shallow water performance and durability. When it comes to powering, he shares his take on Mercury’s Pro XS after a year of hard running as well as a few accessories that aid in performance and trailering. Most notably, he explains why the T-H Marine Atlas Jack Plate is an indispensable tool for rough water and shallow water situations.
Transitioning into the boat, Gussy details his battery configuration for powering a full suite of fish finders and boat control tools from Humminbird and Minn Kota. The integrated One-Boat Network connects dual Humminbird HELIX and SOLIX fish finders and Humminbird 360 MEGA Imaging to Talon shallow water anchors and the Minn Kota Ultrex trolling motor. All this equipment is connected and talks for a fully integrated fish finding and boat control platform. Lastly, Gussy hits on several boating accessories in-between that enhance fishing, convenience, and the rigging process.