Justin Russell and his crew at Russell Marine Products just wrapped up rigging the new Wired2fish Skeeter FXR21 filming boat at their El Dorado, Kansas office. This video walk-through highlights the core Minn Kota boat control gear, Humminbird Fish Finder setups, and a brief overview of the rigging, including fish finder mounts and dedicated power to each key piece of electronics equipment. * See the full list of products at the bottom.
Justin starts his walk-through at the bow with a look at the dual Humminbird HELIX stack, mounted using highly customizable RMP Versa Mounts (2). Bow and console fish finders (including MEGA 360) are networked to each other, the trolling motor, and shallow water anchors using Humminbird’s One-Boat Network backbone. At the console, Russell overviews the Humminbird HELIX 15 mounting to Skeeter’s robust console using a Bass Boat Technologies Single Dash Mount.
Lastly, we overview the aft power compartment; specifically, the Minn Kota Raptors and pumps, battery setup for powering everything, and a quick hit on the dedicated power configuration using 10-gauge tinned marine wire. Our team of content creators is fortunate and excited to put this machine to the test over the next few years — expect to see it in upcoming content.
- BOAT – 2021 Skeeter FXR21 Bass Boat
- MOTOR – Yamaha V Max SHO, 250hp
- TROLLING MOTOR – Minn Kota Ultrex MSI+, 52”, 36v (112 lbs)
SHALLOW WATER ANCHORS & ACCESSORIES
- Minn Kota Raptor 8′ Shallow Water Anchor w/Active Anchoring – Black
- Minn Kota Raptor 4″ Jack Plate Adapter Bracket – Starboard – Black
- Minn Kota Raptor 4″ Jack Plate Adapter Bracket – Port – Black
- Minn Kota Raptor Wireless Footswitch – Bluetooth
- RMP Versa Mount (2 on the bow)
- RMP Tempered Glass Screen Protector
- iPad with onX Maps
- T-H Marine Hot Foot
- T-H Marine Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate
- T-H Marine Fingerflex Blinker Trim Controls
- Bass Boat Technologies Single Dash Mount
- Humminbird AS ETH 5PXG 5 Port Ethernet Switch
- Marine Grade Wire, 10-gauge Tinned