Major League Fishing (MLF) announced today the new Toyota Series Wild Card Division, a second-chance opportunity for Toyota Series pros and co-anglers to advance to the 2021 Toyota Series Championship â€“ and the shot at winning up to $235,000 cash â€“ along with upcoming entry dates, a perfect gift for the holiday season.
Anglers who fish all three regular-season events in any of the six Toyota Series divisions â€“ Central, Northern, Plains, Southern, Southwestern and Western â€“ and finish in the top 25 qualify for the no-entry-fee Toyota Series Championship. With the introduction of the new Wild Card Division, anglers can fish four or more tournaments in any combination of the six Toyota Series divisions and keep their three highest finishes, meaning pros and co-anglers now have three ways to qualify â€“ win a tournament, finish in the top 25 in any of the six divisions, or finish in the top 12 in the new Wild Card Division by fishing four or more tournaments and counting the best three. Wild Card Division ties will be resolved by the highest finish in a tournament.
Entry dates for the MLF Toyota Series and each of the MLF BIG5 circuits were announced earlier this fall with each circuit’s 2021 schedule, however most of the priority entry dates will open over the next two weeks. With these new advancement opportunities for Toyota Series anglers, and a variety of options for anglers across all circuits, ’tis the season to be fishing. Be sure to enter early with a co-angler or boater/pro counterpart to secure your spot in the field.
The 2021 entry dates for each MLF BIG5 circuit are:
- December 2 â€“ Priority entry for all anglers who fished a full division of the 2020 Toyota Series or a full division of the 2020 Phoenix Bass Fishing League.
- December 3 â€“ Priority entry for TBF members.
- December 4 â€“ Open entry for all other anglers.
Pros and co-anglers entering by the entry/balance deadline for each tournament and providing a counterpart (with membership numbers who have not yet been confirmed in the tournament) will be given priority.
Phoenix Bass Fishing League presented by T-H Marine:
- December 7 â€“ Cowboy, Gator, Hoosier and Music City divisions.
- December 8 â€“ Bulldog, Bama, Illini, Mississippi and Volunteer divisions.
- December 9 â€“ Buckeye, Choo Choo, Great Lakes, Mountain and Ozark divisions.
- December 10 â€“ Arkie, LBL, North Carolina, Northeast and Okie divisions.
- December 11 â€“ Michigan, Piedmont, Savannah River, Shenandoah and South Carolina divisions.
Boaters and co-anglers entering by the priority deadline for each tournament and providing a counterpart (with membership numbers) will be given top priority.
Abu Garcia College Fishing presented by YETI:
- December 14 â€“ Priority entry for teams from school clubs represented in the 2020 College Fishing National Championship.
- December 15 â€“ Open entry for all other teams.
High School Fishing presented by Favorite Fishing:
- December 2 â€“ Open entry for all teams.
Check out the tournament schedules and register at FLWFishing.com or by calling (270) 252-1000.