The Trilene fishing knot is very similar to the Improved Clinch but with one variation that gives it more surface area to the ring you tie the line.
1. Pass the tag end through the eye of the hook, make a very small loop and pass it through again.
2. Wrap your tag end up the line 5-7 times.
3. Pass the tag end through the double loop you created at the beginning of the knot and pull the tag end tight on moistened line.
This gives you a double wrap around the eye for better wear and snugness.
It will take a little practice to loop it through the eyelet twice and then get the tag end back through there after your wraps. But you will get adept at tying the knot quickly after a few tries.
More on fishing knots:
- Wired2fish Fishing Knot Guide
- 4 Tips on Tying a Good Fishing Knot
- Check out this video on tying the Trilene knot with braid with Elite Series pro angler Russ Lane
illustrations by Brian Lindberg