Shallow to deep and everywhere in-between, a Texas-rigged creature bait is a versatile rig that excels around cover. Bass jigs have a tendency to hang up more in cover whereas a slim-profiled bait like the Zoom Z-Hog penetrates and moves through grass and wood without fouling.
Kyle Peterson walks us through his go-to setup and discusses why he favors small to midsized creature baits rigged on a 4/0 heavy cover hook and weighted with a pegged 3/8 ounce tungsten weight. A couple full grown bass adds some fun and supports his case.
- Zoom Z-Hog
- VMC Sinker Stops
- VMC Ike Approved Heavy Duty Wide Gap Hook
- Lew’s Custom Speed Stick Lite HM85 Casting Rod
- Team Lew’s Custom Pro Speed Spool SLP
- VMC Tungsten Worm Weight
- Sufix Invisiline Castable Fluorocarbon
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Trolling Motor
- Lund Boats 1875 Renegade
- Mercury Marine Outboards 115hp Pro XS
- Costa Del Mar Reefton Sunglasses