Seth Feider is a bladed jig fanatic but understands that there’s no one best ChatterBait for all situations. Sometimes, upsizing to a bigger blade excels, such as when you want maximum vibration or perhaps better performance around certain cover types. In this content-rich video, Feider demonstrates the effectiveness of the Z-Man Big Blade ChatterBait, particularly in stained water with a mix of grass and hard cover.
FEATURED PRODUCT (retail links)
- CHATTERBAIT – Z-Man Big Blade ChatterBait: Buy at Omnia, Buy at Bass Pro Shops, Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- Check out our Z-Man Big Blade ChatterBait Review
- CHATTERBAIT – Z-Man Evergreen ChatterBait JackHammer: Buy at Omnia, Buy at Bass Pro Shops, Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- TRAILER – Z-Man RaZor ShadZ Swimbait, color – Green Pumpkin: Buy at Omnia, Buy at Bass Pro Shops, Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- ROD – Daiwa BLX Casting Rod, 7’4” MH (BLXLG741MHRB): Check out at Daiwa
- REEL – Daiwa Zillion SV TW: Check out at Daiwa
- LINE – Sufix Advance Flurocarbon, 20-pound: Buy at Omnia, Buy at Bass Pro Shops, Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- SCISSORS – Rapala Elite Scissors 7″: Buy at Tackle Warehouse
KEY TECHNIQUES FOR CHATTERBAIT SUCCESS
Feider showcases the unique action and advantages of using a Big Blade ChatterBait. He emphasizes how its pronounced thump and ability to crawl through dense hydrilla make it an ideal choice for targeting prespawn bass in Florida’s stained lakes. He also discusses the importance of upsizing to a heavier Big Blade ChatterBait than your standard size if your goal is to maintain a similar running depth. The bigger bait produces considerably more lift than say a Z-Man ChatterBait JackHammer.
TRIMMING YOUR CHATTERBAIT FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT
The details can matter when dialing in the ChatterBait bite. Feider shares a few confidence skirt and trailer customizations that’ll work for you, too. He demonstrates how trimming the skirt and adding a green pumpkin RaZor ShadZ is a deadly combo for Florida waters. His systematic approach ensures the ChatterBait presents the bass with a natural and enticing profile.
ADAPTING TO FISHING CONDITIONS
Throughout the video, Feider adapts his technique to the conditions at hand. He varies his approach based on the fish’s location – whether they are holding in pockets, near points, or in heavy cover. He also explores different scenarios where the Big Blade ChatterBait shines, such as in dirty water or when fishing hard cover like brush or laydowns.
ROD SETUP FOR BIG BLADE CHATTERBAIT FISHING
Feider emphasizes the importance of selecting the right gear for ChatterBait fishing. He recommends a heavier rod for the Big Blade due to its larger hook and heavier size. He prefers a beefy 20-pound fluorocarbon line in clearer water conditions and explains why braided line with ChatterBaits can be an excellent option in murkier waters.
Feider’s tips and techniques offer valuable insights for anglers looking to improve their ChatterBait fishing, particularly in conditions where versatility and adaptability are crucial for success.