Not many anglers consider the fall to be the best time to catch big bass, but we’ve been seeing some huge catches over the last few months. We caught wind of a double-digit giant this week, tracked it down and sure enough – Mark Mitchell caught an absolute stud on what is now being called an “undisclosed lake” in Texas. The beast weighed 14 pounds, and he caught it on a jig. Can you imagine a jig bite from a 14-pounder?
Congratulations to Mark Mitchell! Use this as inspiration to get out there and catch your personal-best bass!
Here is the gear Mitchell used to catch this fish:
- Black/blue Santone Lures jig
- Black/blue Yamamoto Fat Baby Craw
- 20-pound Hi-Seas Black Widow Copolymer
- 7-foot, 11-inch XH Okuma Cerros
- Okuma Helios SX Casting Reel