Bass are constantly leaving us clues as to their mood; it’s up to the angler to pick up on these “nature’s cues” and quickly adjust tactics to stay on the bite. Rapala’s Dan Quinn demonstrates this perfectly, leveraging the strengths of a crankbait to efficiently cover water and find productive areas, then shift to a slower, more methodical jig presentation as morning gives way to high skies and calm conditions.
Dan shares a wealth of info on jig fishing bass, from his favorite all-around jig size, favorites colors, to trailer options and ways to fish jigs based on the conditions. A crankbait and jig are mainstays in any tackle box – knowing when and how to use each will maintain a steady bite on your favorite waters.
- Rapala DT 6 Crankbait
- Terminator Pro Series Jig
- Humminbird HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N
- Ranger 521C Bass Boat
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link Trolling Motor
- Rapala® Elements Hooded Long Sleeve Performance T-Shirt – Bonefish
- Rapala® Trucker Cap – Left Logo