Few things in fishing are more frustrating than fighting the wind, especially when casting lures. Pro bass angler Scott Canterbury shares an excellent hollow body frog modification that adds weight, which provides greater casting distance and control in the wind.
While the featured Snag Proof Frog is optimally weighted for most conditions, Canterbury will add weight in the form of a tungsten nail weight to improve casting and action in the wind. He walks through how to secure the nail weight to the shank of the frog hook using widely available shrink tubing.
The process is fast and easy, and permanent unless you decide to remove the shrink tubing with a knife or scissors.
- Snag Proof Bobby’s Perfect Frog, color – Alabaster
- ARK Fishing No Chip Tungsten Nail Weights, 3/16-ounce
- 3M Heat Shrink Tubing FP-301-Black
- Halo Fishing Scott Canterbury Casting Rod, 7′ Med Hvy
- Ardent Apex Grand Casting Reel
- P-Line TCB 8 Teflon Coated 8-Carrier Braided Line Green