Swimbaits are often fished on jigheads or weighted worm hooks as a deeper presentation but W2F staff McKeon Roberts shares why he chooses to rig swimbait style plastics texposed and weightless around current. The broad body of the plastic catches the current and its natural bouancy paired with only a 3/0 worm hook allows it to act much like a natural dead or dying baitfish would. Bass sit and wait in areas of current where potential food items are pushed to them. Presenting your bait in these areas correctly results in many more bites, especially in shallow water near shore.
- Lunker City Swim Fish Swimbait, color: Ice Shad
- 13 Fishing Fate Black 7’1″ M Spinning Rod
- 13 Fishing Creed GT 2000 Spinning Reel
- Sufix 10lb Nano Braid, Aqua Camo
- ZoneLoc 3/0 Wide Gap Mag Welded Eye