Heavy tournament fishing pressure has forced Wired2Fish intern Kobie Koenig to adjust tactics on one of his favorite lakes. No longer is he able to park the boat on top of the school and video game bass. Trolling motor and electronics noise quickly scatters the fish.
Kobie explains how he graphs spots first, waypoints schools of fish then positions the boat well off the spot. Long distance casts and slow-dragging bottom-based presentations such as football head jigs and swimbaits have been key to getting quality bites.
- Lowrance Elite 12 Ti Sonar
- Mustad Elite Series Football Head
- Berkley PowerBait Power Swimmer Swimbait
- Team Lew’s Pro Speed Stick LFS-X5 Casting Rod
- Team Lew’s Custom Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel
- Costa Del Mar Whitetip Sunglasses
- Lund 2075 Pro-V Bass
- Wired2Fish Fish Design Mesh Back Hat
- Wired2Fish Tone on Tone Logo T-shirt – Charcoal