Boat docks are an accessible and universal form of cover for bass across the county but some are more productive than others. Wired2Fish intern Kobie Koenig shares some details on rating dock productivity based on the amount of shade and structure present.
Koenig then discusses why he prefers using beefed up baitcasting gear over lighter rod and line combos to extract bass out from under docks at close combat. This program all boils down to maximizing time on the water by quickly rating docks at a glance then greatly reducing break-offs when you connect.
- VMC Ike Approved Heavy Duty Worm Hook
- VMC Tungsten Worm Weights, 1/4-ounce
- Gene Larew Jacob Wheeler Hammer Craw
- Lew’s Custom Speed Stick Lite HM85 Casting Rod
- Team Lew’s Custom Pro Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel
- Lund Boats 1875 Renegade Mod-V Bass Boat