Fishing a worm around prespawn bass on grass lakes and marshes can be an effective way to find and catch these staging fish before and into the spawning season. But it also effectively catches bass in the colder prespawn temperatures as well.
- Strike King Cut R Worm
- Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp Wide Gap Worm Hook, 4/0
- Strike King Tour Grade Tungsten Weight, 1/4-ounce
- Fitzgerald Vursa 100% Fluorocarbon, 15-17lb
- Fitzgerald Stunner HD Casting Rod, 7’3″ Heavy
- Fitzgerlad Stunner Casting Reel
Louisiana angler Quentin Cappo has spent a lot of time fishing soft plastic worms around the marshes and bayous of Louisiana and he took us on a quick rundown of how he dissects these grassy fisheries with a very simple setup and system for fishing a Strike King Cut R Worm un pegged with a light weight to catch some hammer bass in February.