Traditional bass fishing wisdom says to start your day with a fast moving search lure then slow down with a finesse rig once you’ve found the fish. Several professional anglers at doing the exact opposite. Justin Lucas hits a new lake for the first time with a Neko Rig in hand – he uses his fish finder and seasonal knowledge of bass to make smart location decisions without wetting a line, then attacks these spots with the Neko Rig. The system catches fish in all moods, making it a confidence strategy for Lucas as well as a solid first step in developing a pattern.
Justin delivers several tips on how he fishes the Neko Rig, his preferred tackle setup, as well as rod, reel and line combination. This is an easy system to fish for anglers of any skill level and generates a lot of bites.
- Berkley PowerBait MaxScent The General Worm
- Berkley Fusion19 Hooks Drop Shot
- Abu Garcia REVO Premier Spinning Reel (size 30)
- Abu Garcia Fantasista Premier Spinning Rods 7′ MH
- Berkley Fireline Ultra 8 Superline Crystal, 10lb
- Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon Line 6-8lb
- Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link Trolling Motor
- Phoenix 21 PHX
- Yamaha V6 V MAX SHO ®
- Costa Del Mar Corbina Sunglasses (Black/W580 Green Mirror Glass)