Much respect is due to the ribbon tail worm for standing the tests of time and staying relevant in today’s fishing world. Wired2Fish staff Ryan DeChaine hits a new body of water for the first time and opts for a simple Texas rig worm setup.
He talks about areas he looks for when targeting largemouth on new lakes and how he employs a worm along glasslines. He also details his rigging setup and a few tips to add versatility to this classic system.
- Berkley PowerBait 8.5″ Power Worm
- Berkley Fusion19 Offset Worm Hook, 4/0
- VMC Tungsten Worm Weight
- VMC Sinker Stops
- Abu Garcia Veritas Casting Rod, 7′ Med Hvy
- Abu Garcia REVO X Gen 4 Casting Reel
- Berkley X9 Braided Line Lo-Vis Green, 40lb
- Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon, 15lb
- Lund 2075 Pro-V Bass XS Bass Boat
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Trolling Motor
- Costa Del Mar Jose Sunglasses