The best bass fishing spots are often a mix of cover that creates a complex jungle with multiple feeding opportunities. It’s in these areas that bass establish residence, but anglers usually blast through these “housing developments” without knocking door to door. Wired2Fish’s Kyle Peterson explains how to set up shop and “milk” choice spots with hollow body frogs, the best of which are sink resistant, walk the dog with ease and are excellent hooking baits.
- Savage Gear DC Walker Frog
- Savage Gear Battletek Casting Rod, 7’11 Heavy
- Daiwa Tatula 150 Casting Reel, 7.3:1
- Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line Stealth Gray, 40lb
- Power-Pole Blade Shallow Water Anchors
For Peterson, the key is being observant and identifying fish-holding spots, dropping the shallow water anchors, and stealthily picking apart dense grass flats before moving on. With bass continually milling around, you’re bound to show your bait to active bass others have missed or spooked out of the area.