Professional bass angler Justin Lucas discusses how he uses his digital gauges to improve overall performance and awareness of his outboard engine. Regardless of manufacturer, well-calibrated gauges provide accurate real-time information such as fuel consumption rates, trip hours, engine RPM, oil level and pressure, overheat warming, trim level and total operating hours. As a tournament angler, Lucas relies on this information for accurate fuel budgeting, especially when making long runs. But fuel economy is important to all boaters; Justin explains how gauge monitoring helps boaters determine the optimal RPM range that provides the best compromise between speed and fuel consumption. Once you determine the ‘sweet spot’ in your RPM band, you’ll gain range out of each tank of gas and who doesn’t like that.
- Yamaha 6Y5 Multi-Function Tachometer
- Yamaha V6 V MAX SHO®
- Phoenix 21 PHX
- T-H Marine Hydraulic Jack Plate
- Humminbird HELIX CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G2N
- Minn Kota Talon Shallow Water Anchors
- Costa Del Mar Corbina Sunglasses (Black/W580 Green Mirror Glass)