The warm water of summer sends walleye in many lakes and reservoirs offshore in pursuit of baitfish and cooler water. Fishfinders are essential for orienting along structure and marking fish. Scott Glorvigen explains how he marks the location of fish using Lowrance’s TrackBack feature, then circles back for the strike.
Glorvigen is a big advocate of staying off the trolling motor under calm and high sky conditions. He explains how he positions on mid-lake structure using shallow water anchors then quickly covers a 360-degree swath around the boat by pitching Rapala Jigging Raps.
- Minn Kota Talon Shallow Water Anchor, 15′
- Lowrance HDS 12 Carbon Fishfinder/Chartplotter
- Rapala Jigging Rap
- Sufix 832 Braided Line
- Sufix Invisiline Fluorocarbon Leader
- KastKing WideEye Spinning Rod
- KastKing Sharky II Spinning Reel
- Minn Kota Ulterra i-Pilot Trolling Motor
- Lund Boats Pro-V GL 219
- Mercury Verado, 350hp
- Costa Del Mar Zane Sunglasses
- Wired2Fish Fish Design Mesh Back Hat