This is a simple drop shot video with an important location takeaway â€” don’t overlook using a drop shot in shallow water. Elite Series pro Brent Ehrler connects with a school of bass on a shallow sand flat, and discusses the effectiveness and efficiency of the drop shot rig in shallow water. He also divulges his rod, reel and line setup in detail. We found it intriguing that he only carries one spinning rod action in his boat, and they’re all rigged with the same line. For many of us, simplification of our fishing gear is a good goal. See what Brent has to say about it.
- Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Spinning Rod, 7’1″ Med Ehrler
- Gamakatsu Aaron Martens TGW Drop Shot Hook
- Daiwa Certate LT Spinning Reel, size 3000
- Yamamoto 4″ Shad Shape Worm
- Sunline Siglon PEx8 Braided Line Dark Green
- Sunline Super FC Sniper Fluorocarbon