Smallmouth bass start schooling up heavily during mid to late fall. Good wintering locations often have a mixture of rock, wood, and grass – basically mixed cover that harbors a steady food supply and comfort during the winter months. Swimbaits are great tools to find these wintering areas and catch bass keyed in on baitfish. Ryan puts the unique bottom-dwelling Megabass Dark Sleeper swimbait to work through a grassy wintering area. Downsizing and fishing methodically close to the cover produces big brown bass this time of year.
- Megabass Dark Sleeper Swimbait
- Megabass Destroyer USA Casting Rod, 6′ 11″ Oneten Special
- Team Lew’s Custom Pro Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel, 7.5:1
- Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line, 12lb
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link Trolling Motor
- Lund 2075 Pro-V Bass
- Costa Del Mar Jose, Matte Gray Green Mirror (580 lens)