Wally Marshall aka Mr. Crappie is well-known for his crappie prowess and good humor. He shares a good bit of how-to in this video on fishing sunken brush piles for crappie. This is evergreen content for all seasons, and everywhere crappie swim. His strategy forgoes the comfort of bobbers, instead, relying on presenting soft plastics vertically using long and sensitive rods. He takes us through his rod, reel and line setup, discusses jig and plastics, and how to properly work jigs to temp crappies into biting. As a bonus, you’re likely to get a few chuckles from one of our favorite crappie personalities.
- Lew’s Wally Marshall Pro Rod Series, 10’0” ML
- Lew’s Wally Marshall Signature Series Reel
- Mr. Crappie Line, 6 lb. Test, Hi-Vis
- Mr. Crappie Slab Slanger with Sausage Head Jig
- Humminbird ONIX Touch Screen Series Sonar