Chris Zaldain has built a well-earned reputation as a master of rigging and fishing finesse swimbaits for largemouth and smallmouth bass. Scores of hardcore anglers have adopted his unique system of drop swimming and hyper-refined ball head rigging to deliver ultra-realistic swimbaits in the most natural manner possible.
• Megabass Spark Shad
• Megabass Destroyer USA Spinning Rod (discontinued), check out the updated Destroyer P5 (JDM) Spinning Rods
• Keitech Super Round Tungsten Jig Head, 1/4-ounce
• Megabass Hazedong Shad Swimbait (drop swimming technique)
• Lazer TroKar Drop Shot Hook, size 1
• Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line Green, 15lb
• Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line (leader), 8lb
• Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel (discontinued), check out the updated Stradic FL Spinning Reel
Zaldain shares some specific criteria to help you determine when to drop swim or use the more traditional ball head swimbait rigging method. Both can have a distinct time and place based on a host of factors. Watch this video in full, as well as the linked videos above, to become a finesse swimbait Jedi master for the toughest largemouth and smallmouth bass bites.