Fred Roumbanis demonstrates the effectiveness and versatility of Texas-rigging the innovative Yamamoto Yamatanuki bait. Designed to mimic a variety of underwater creatures, this soft bait offers a unique, yet natural presentation that has quickly proven itself for bass throughout the country.
FEATURED TACKLE (retail links)
- Yamamoto Yamatanuki, color – Green Pumpkin, Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- HOOK – Hayabusa WRM959 Wide Gap Offset Heavy Duty Hook, 5/0, Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- ROD – Sixgill Scythe Series Casting Rod, 7′ 6″ Medium Heavy, Buy at Sixgill
- REEL – SixGill Hamarr Casting Reel 6.5:1, Buy at Sixgill
- LINE – 15 pound Fluourocarbon
In this video, Roumbanis showcases the unique features of the Yamatanuki and how to fish it on a weightless Texas rig. The Yamatanuki’s distinctive shimmying tail action mimics various underwater prey, such as baitfish, bluegill, and crawfish, maaking it the perfect lure for fishing a range of aquatic habitats.
As Fred demonstrates, the Texas rig technique allows for versatile and effective fishing with the Yamatanuki. Whether you’re flipping it into holes or jigging it back along the bottom, this bait presents a natural and enticing target for fish. With a simple twitch, the Yamatanuki darts back and forth, imitating the movements of crawfish with surprising realism.