Tungsten ice jigs have become the dominant player in the world of ice fishing panfish. Will Pappenfus explains the reasons why he prefers tungsten over lead when targeting bluegill and crappies.
- Garmin Echomap Plus 63cv Ice Fishing Bundle
- 13 Fishing BlackBetty FreeFall Ghost Inline Ice Reel
- 13 Fishing Widow Maker Ice Rod, 27″ UL
- Sufix Advance Monofilament, 3lb
- 13 Fishing Jeffrey Superior Soft Plastics
- Northland Tungsten Fire-Ball UV Jig
Tungsten is denser than lead and heavier by volume — this allows anglers to fish a smaller jig size relative to weight for fast-sink attributes. Also, Pappenfus explains why a smaller jig size usually equates to more bites when targeting basin crappie and bluegill feeding on invertebrates.