Elite Series pro Chris Zaldain has had great tournament success using his refined finesse swimbait system, which consists of nothing more than light line, a ball head jig and an ultra realistic 3” paddle tail swimbait. Fortunately for us, he divulges all his secrets in this detailed video, which was filmed the day after the 2016 B.A.S.S. AOY Championship on Minnesota’s Mille Lacs Lake where it produced a hefty day 3 weight of 26 pounds. This video delves deeper into smallmouth bass location on large lakes, but the same concept applies to reservoir systems down south. The beauty of this system is that anyone can do it and it flat out catches bass in most circumstances.
Product used in this video:
- 3” Megabass Spark Shad Swimbait, color: white
- Megabass Orochi XX Spinning Rod, Shakey Head
- Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon, 10lb for leader
- Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line
- Raymarine eS127 12.1″
- Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reel, size: 2500