Water temperature is the biggest driver of baitfish and gamefish movement during the spring months. Wired2Fish’s Ryan DeChaine shares a couple pointers for finding spring bass by looking for mud bottom areas that have emerging grass with overhead cover. Dark bottoms absorb heat thus warm the quickest – these areas also support the first weed growth. Lilypad fields are prime locations, providing shade and warmth. Find both and you’ve likely landed on the magical “5×5” area that holds a pile of fish.
- Zoom Z Craw
- Lew’s Custom Speed Cast Rod 7′ Med Hvy Worm
- Lew’s Tournament MB Speed Spool Casting Reel
- Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line, 40lb
- VMC Ike Approved Flippin Hook 4/0
- VMC Tungsten Worm Weights, 1/4oz