Do you fish clear water lakes for bass? If so, you shouldn’t overlook super shallow areas. Pro angler Justin Lucas shares a valuable teaching point about pushing shallow to flip and pitch docks when deeper grass areas don’t produce. Bass in sparse cover lakes need shade cover, and docks are often the best at providing this while consolidating baitfish like bluegill and crawfish underneath. Justin walks us through his approach when targeting shallow docks and details his setup (all gear listed below). This is a great instructional vid for novices to experienced dock anglers alike.
- Berkley Powerbait Maxscent Creature Hawg
- Berkley Fusion19 Hooks Heavy Cover, 4/0
- Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon Line
- Abu Garcia Villain 2.0 Casting Rod 7’6″ Heavy
- Abu Garcia REVO STX Gen 4 Casting Reel (REVO4 STX-SHS)
- Minn Kota Talon Shallow Water Anchor, 12′
- Costa Del Mar Corbina Sunglasses (Black/W580 Green Mirror Glass)