Swimming a jig for bass is one of Bill Lowen’s favorite techniques. The tactic allows you to quickly cover water and can be fished through nearly every habitat type nationwide. Knowing what equipment to use will allow you to get the most out of the system – Bill breaks it down in detail here.
He starts by describing the right jig head style for sliding through cover such as grass and wood with minimal fouling, while also maintaining some lift in the water. You don’t want to struggle to maintain the jig off the bottom. He delivers guidance on jig trailer selection and 3 jig colors that’ll have you covered anywhere, anytime. Lastly, Bill stresses the importance of the right rod action, reel speed and line rating to efficiently put the swim jig to work with maximum action and casting accuracy while minimizing fatigue.
- Lowen’s Signature Swim Jig Head
- Lowen’s Signature Flash Skirts
- Castaway Skeleton V2 7’6” Heavy Bill Lowen Swim Jig Rod
- Lew’s Team Lite Speed Spool Casting Reel
- HI-SEAS Grand Slam Braid Green, 30lb
- Minn Kota Talon Shallow Water Anchor
- X21 Pro Bass Boat by Xpress Boats
- Yamaha Outboards V MAX SHO 250hp