Pro bass angler Justin Lucas has had a successful history of drop shot fishing Texas-rigged worms around docks, bush and grass of all types; if you’re fishing around cover that’s likely to fowl an exposed hook, then Texas rigging a worm is the way to go.
Justin outlines 5 simple but key tips essential to success when targeting bass around cover with a drop shot. His guidance pertains to the fundamentals of leader length, weight shape, size and position of the rig in the water column.
- Berkley PowerBait MaxScent D-Worm
- Eco Pro Tungsten Pro Drop Shot Weights
- Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon, 8lb
- Berkley Trilene Professional Grade Braid
- Abu Garcia Fantasista Premier Spinning Rod 7′ Med-Hvy
- Abu Garcia REVO Premier Spinning Reel (Replaces MGX)
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link Trolling Motor
- Costa Del Mar Corbina Sunglasses (Black/W580 Green Mirror Glass)
- Yamaha V Max Outboard Motor