What do the bass want and how can you tell when fishing a swim jig? By paying close attention, you can turn lookers into inhalers with these 3 must-know swim jig tips.
Fishing Gear Used:
- Lowen’s Signature Swim Jig
- Strike Rage Menace Twin Tail Grub
- Team Lew’s Pro Speed Stick LFS-X5 Casting Rod
- Lew’s Team Lite Speed Spool Casting Reel
- HI-SEAS Grand Slam Braided Line
- Xpress X21 Bass Boat
Swim jigs offer anglers tons of versatility in bass fishing. Anglers can cast them far and cover water to find fish like their spinnerbait cousins, and they can fished at depth like their traditional jig cousins. However you fish them, color and trailer selection are the most important variables for drawing strikes.
Swim-jig guru Bill Lowen shares exactly how he knows when to switch trailers and when to switch colors and also provides a braided line trick that gives him more confidence.