Whether you’re a professional angler or a weekend warrior, your boat is where a lot of tackle management occurs — this includes keeping casting reels spooled with fresh line. Wired2Fish contributor Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson shares his in-boat system for re-spooling casting reels using a simple and innovative product that eliminates line twist while tucking out of the way when not in use.
• Spool Stix Line Winding System
• Seaguar InvisX Fluorocarbon, 20lb
• Shimano Metanium MGL 150 B Casting Reel, 7.1:1
• G. Loomis Conquest Casting Rod, 7′ Med Hvy 843C MBR
• Lund Boats 2075 Pro-V Bass Boat
Additionally, Gussy discusses how fresh fluorocarbon fishing line improves fishing overall. He also shares a few pointers for reducing line waste by maintaining some backing, connecting the new line using a blood knot, and advising on how far to fill a spool for maximum casting distance and line retrieve speed.