Ott DeFoe went out with us the day after he won the 2019 Bassmaster Classic and put on a clinic on exactly how he fished and won the bass fishing championship on his home lakes of Loudon Tellico on the Tennessee River with a lipless crankbait, the Storm Arashi Vibe.
DeFoe walks through the unique approach he has with lipless crankbaits. While many other anglers might choose a lipped crankbait, DeFoe favors a lipless crankbait when the water is in the lower 50-degree temperatures.
He discusses line size, setup, reading current, how to approach smallmouth versus largemouth, river fishing considerations, using eddies to your advantage, his exact retrieve and how he uses a more subtle lift and drop to closely mimic crawfish in current and a lot more in this information-packed video. And, oh yeah, by the way, he catches a giant on the Vibe while filming!
- Storm Arashi Vibe, color: Red Craw
- VMC No. 2 Hybrid Short Shank Treble hooks
- Humminbird 360 Imaging
- Minn Kota Ultrex Trolling Motor
- Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N
- Mercury Pro XS Outboard Motor, 250hp
- 17-pound fluorocarbon
- Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris 6.8:1 Platinum reel
- Bass Pro Shops Crankin’ Stick Split-Grip EVA 7-foot Casting Rod