News

Aaron Martens to Undergo Second Brain Surgery

no-image

UPDATE 4/23/2020: As of 3:40 pm, Aaron is headed home to rest with his family. 

UPDATE 4/22/2020: Aaron’s wife Lesley said “Aaron is out of surgery. Surgeon said everything went perfectly! Praise God!”

In a video filmed from Logan Martin Lake in Alabama, decorated professional angler Aaron Martens shared the news that he will undergo a second brain tumor surgery on Wednesday, April 22. He had his first brain surgery last week and as he reports in his most recent video update, the incision area near his right ear seems to be healing nicely. 

According to Martens, doctors said there is a second tumor deeper in his brain. Surgeons will enter his brain through the same area they did before. He said it improves his chances of survival if they attempt to surgically remove the second tumor.

“I have a lot of stuff ahead of me,” said Martens in his video update. “I just wanted to let you guys know that the thoughts and prayers were humbling. I can’t even tell you how good that made me feel. I was in a dark place last week. I couldn’t have my family visit me. With the COVID virus, I had no visitors before going in for open-brain surgery. It was a scary time in my life and those thoughts and prayers I was getting from people saved me. They made my life so much better. So thank you for that. It’s a scary moment but we’ll beat this thing. I go in Wednesday for the next surgery so if you want to send prayers for my family and me that day, they’re much appreciated. Again, thank you. I’m going to fight this thing.”

We will continue to keep you updated on his status. We’ll certainly be praying for our friend during this difficult time in his life.