Many kayak anglers opt to mount a graph to add fish finding capabilities to their kayak. Wired2Fish’s Walker Smith shares how he attached a slick track mount to receive a fish finder and variety of accessories without drilling holes into the fishing kayak itself.
The Humminbird HELIX 7 Fish Finder slides on and off his Old Town Predator PDL with ease, and is self-contained using the YakAttack CellBlok Fish Finder Mount. It took about 15 minutes to get Walker’s kayak electronics installed that allows him to not only locate fish and pay close attention to his depth, but also create custom contour maps for small bodies of water. This system provides excellent electronics portability for loading and unloading as well as use in other kayaks, canoes or boats.
Check out Austin Kayak for other kayak-related gear and relevant content on their blog. Additional kayak content can be found on the Wired2Fish Kayak Fishing Channel.
- Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP SI G2 GPS Fish Finder
- YakAttack CellBlok Fish Finder Mount
- RAM Transducer Arm Mount
- RAM Mount for Humminbird HELIX 7
- RAM Ball Mount 1-Inch Diamond Base (X2)
- YakAttack 12-Inch Gear Track
- Humminbird 12 Volt Gel Cell Battery
- Battery Terminal Connector
- Old Town Predator PDL Kayak