Here’s a fun river smallmouth bass smash fest set to some yacht rock music and grown man giggles. Although they excel in cold water, Dan Quinn proves that jerkbaits are a freestyle lure that can be power fished, and even worked as a topwater bait to trigger vicious reaction strikes.
Dan discusses bait selection criteria for skinny water, colors attributes that are proven to excel for smallmouth bass and the methods and gear for getting maximum action out of the bait. Some quality fish catches dispell the misconception that jerkbaits only work during cold water periods.
- Rapala Shadow Rap Shad Jerkbait
- 13 Fishing Envy Black II Spinning Rod, 7’1” Medium
- 13 Fishing Prototype X Spinning Reel
- Sufix 832 Braided Line Lo-Vis Green, 10lb
- Sufix Invisline Fluorocarbon, 10lb
- Lund Boats 2075 Pro-V Bass
- Mercury Outboards Pro XS 250hp Motor