While most enthusiast bass anglers prefer casting gear over spinning, the latter has some definite advantages when fishing jerkbaits. Megabass Product Manager, Kenichi Iida, shares 3 practical reasons a spinning combo enhances jerkbait fishing under certain circumstances (if not most).
He expands on the importance of casting distance, flexibility with cadence and the angle the rod can be worked relative to the bait as well as how buttery-smooth spinning reel drags result in more fish boated, particularly in cold water scenarios.
- Megabass Ito Vision 110 Silent Jerkbaits, Mat Shad
- Megabass Orochi XX Spinning Rod Ronin 6’8″
- Megabass Lunker Lunch Box
- Shimano Stella Spinning Reel, 2500
- Braid unknown (JDM specialty)
- Hi-Seas 100% Fluorocarbon Leader, 10lb