Commercial-grade electric ice augers like the StrikeMaster 40V have taken the ice fishing world by storm. Rugged build quality, reliability and long-lasting battery life are good for more holes than you can drill in a day deliver ice anglers exceptional value without any downside.
- StrikeMaster Lithium 40V Electric Ice Auger
- StrikeMaster Cordless Ice Drill Adapter
- StrikeMaster Cordless Drill Adapter Flange
- StrikeMaster Lazer Hand Ice Auger
- Milwaukee M18 Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill
Wired2Fish’s Ryan DeChaine walks us through two popular electric auger configurations and when to use each. He starts by providing an overview of a full-sized electric auger equipped with an 8” drill. This is the go-to setup when targeting bigger fish like walleye, bass and pike. A smaller and more compact cordless hammer drill paired with a 5-6” drill is often favored when chasing panfish; this setup is extremely lightweight and fast.