Renowned Mille Lacs Lake guide and professional angler Tony Roach discusses how he fishes soft body swimbaits for walleye. A more aggressive jigging action typically outproduces the standard straight reel approach, with Tony digging into the details.
Tony emphasizes the importance of rigging the bait perfectly straight on a jig, and what characteristics make a jig a good one to pair with a swimbait. He tops off the content with a true Mille Lacs giant smallmouth, showcasing the multispecies effectiveness of a jig and soft body swimbait for all predator fish.
• Northland Impulse Paddle Minnows
• Northland Current Cutter Jig
• St. Croix Legend X Spinning Rod, 6’10”
• Pflueger Supreme XT Spinning Reel
• Sufix 832 Braided Line, 8-pound
• Sufix Invisiline Fluorocarbon Leader, 8-pound