Proper installation of a bow mount trolling motor is the first, but not last step of a successful overall installation. Additional accessories are often installed and along with them comes dangling cables that need proper routing.
Professional boat rigger Andy Kratochvil of FishLectronics discusses the importance of leaving slack in cables to allow for freedom of movement when making vertical adjustments to trolling motor depth. Failure to do this will cause cable binding and limit the range of adjustment available in today’s popular trolling motor models and brands.
Click on the links below for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to install the following trolling motors and Humminbird 360 Imaging.
1) Minn Kota Ultrex Install Video
2) Minn Kota Fortrex Install Video
3) Humminbird 360 Imaging Install Video
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link Trolling Motor
- Humminbird Ultrex Trolling Motor 360 Imaging
- Lund Boats 2075 Pro-V Bass