Canadian bass fishing pro and multi-species-angler Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson carries over 50-pounds of jigs in his boat, making efficient storage essential. While there are a pile of excellent tackle boxes for fishing, Gussy shares his system for keeping jigs organized and protected from wear and tear by using an assortment of size-specific Plano EDGE Series tackle boxes.
FEATURED TACKLE BOXES
- Plano EDGE Series 3500 (tubes) – Buy at Omnia Fishing
- Plano EDGE Series 3600 (Smeltinators) – Buy at Omnia Fishing
- Plano EDGE Series 3700 (mixed jigs) – Buy at Omnia Fishing
- Plano EDGE Plastics 3700 (bulk box) – Buy at Omnia Fishing
His process involves pairing key jig categories to specific boxes based on the number of jigs needed and the packaging size. He shares jig box setups for tube heads, Damiki and small swimbaits, Ned, round ball, football jigs, mushroom heads, and bulk packaging.
Bottom line, jigs are among the most crucial lure categories because they can be fished standalone, with thousands of plastics combinations, or live bait. A good collection is costly, so it should be cared for and organized — Gussy’s system accomplishes both.
- Bass Tactics Smeltinator Swimbait Jig Head (Damiki & swimbaits) – Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- Z-Man Finesse ShroomZ Jig Head – Buy at Omnia Fishing
- Z-Man Football NedZ – Buy at Omnia Fishin
- Gamakatsu Round Jig Head – Buy at Omnia Fishing
- Gamakatsu Football Jig Head – Buy at Tackle Warehouse
- SUNGLASSES – Costa Del Mar Reefton – Buy at Tackle Warehouse