Few bass baits rival the appeal and all-season fish catching ability better than a football jig and plastic trailer bumping and grinding over structure and cover. Snagging, however, becomes a common problem with football jigs in heavy cover areas like standing timber.
Professional bass angler David Mullins shares a jig and trailer selection tip that provides bass the same deadly action of a football jig while greatly reducing hangups. Screw lock football and shakey heads let you Texas rig your favorite plastic while burying the hook. The concealed hook allows you to keep fishing the jig and work it through a jungle of cover with minimal fouling.
- Nichols Screwball Shakey Head
- Doomsday Tackle Mauler Creature Bait
- Doomsday “The 47” Casting Rod
- Sunline Shooter 20lb Fluorocarbon
- Shimano Curado 70 Casting Reel