Crappie are a nomadic fish which can make finding them a challenge, especially on large lakes and reservoirs. Crappie expert Terry Blankenship breaks down his system to finding and catching crappie suspended around trees by using his electronics.
He uses a combination of technologies to initially locate key cover and fish, then relies on 360 Imaging to pinpoint and follow the school as they hover around vertical cover. Electronics paired with Minn Kota’s Spot-Lock feature makes it easy to cast to the school using a light 1/16 ounce jig paired with his favorite plastic.
- Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N
- Humminbird Ultrex Trolling Motor 360 Imaging (AS 360 TM ULTREX)
- Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link Trolling Motor
- Bobby Garland Slab Slay’R
- Lew’s TP-1 Speed Stick IM8 6’9″ Medium Light Spinning Rod
- Lew’s Team Pro Speed Spin Spinning Reel (replaces Tournament Pro 200 Speed Spin)
- T-H Marine Kong Wave Tamer Mount
- Phoenix Boats 920 ProXP