Wired2Fish staffers recently made the trip to Mexico to fish at Anglers Inn International on Lake El Salto and Picachos. Limited space forced the guys to pack strategically with proven tackle and portable electronics. Mitch Anderson explains each while on a wolf pack of bass, highlighting the effectiveness of a classic Texas rig paired with Z-Man's durable ElaZtech Plastics.
Drop speed mattered on this day. Unresponsive bass drove Mitch to upsize to a larger 3/4-ounce piece of unpegged tungsten, and the bite was on. As is the case on any reservoir, rising water causes bass to reposition, even by the hour. Anderson explains how they used side imaging sonar in conjunction with custom mapping to stay on productive water.
- Piscifun® Serpent Casting Rod
- Piscifun® Phantom X Baitcasting Reel, 7.6:1
- Z-Man Mag FattyZ Worm
- Mustad KVD Grip-Pin Soft Plastic Hook, 6/0
- WOO! Tungsten Never Chip Flipping Weights, 3/4-ounce
- Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon, 20lb
- Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N
- Humminbird ICE HELIX 7 CHIRP GPS G3N All-Season
- Plano WaterProof StowAway 3740 tackle box
- Anglers Inn International, Lake El Salto and Picachos