The classic curly tail grub is most commonly fished on a jig head and is right up with with a Texas-rigged worm as a bass producer. We were successful in getting Elite Series pro Dave LeFebre to cough one of his go-to finesse grub tactics for tough conditions, and it works great for largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass. The rig consists of a 3” or 4” grub paired with an innovative hook, advanced finesse line, and sensitive spinning equipment that when taken together becomes a refined and sophisticated presentation. Try this system on pressured bass, clear waters, or on neutral to negative fish – you’re gonna get bit.
- Yamamoto Single Tail Grub, 3” or 4”
- Roboworm Rebarb Hook, size 1 to 2/0
- ONE3 Creed GT Spinning Reel
- ONE3 Fate Chrome Spinning Rod
- Sufix NanoBraid, 6lb
- Sufix Invisiline Castable Fluorocarbon, 6lb