Rigging cut baits for channel catfish is an excellent way to target a bigger class of fish over other natural catfish baits (like worms) and dipbaits. Red River of the North catfish expert Ben Olson walks us through his time-tested setup for fishing cut bait in current scenarios.
Olsen details his entire tackle selection and rigging strategy ranging from sinker, swivel, line recommendations and why he prefers using circle hooks for catfish. Of particular interest, his mainline and snell line choices virtually eliminate losing the whole setup when you get snagged. This saves you money and time otherwise lost spent rigging.
- No Roll Sinker
- Team Catfish Yellow Sinker Bumpers
- Mustad Crane Swivel
- Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Line, 20lb
- Berkley Fusion 19 Circle Hook, 6/0
More on topic
- Check out this comprehensive video on how to catch channel cats in a river near you
- Learn how to tie the snell knot used in this video
- Also, check out our comprehensive article on best catfish rigs