Seth Feider takes the guesswork out of choosing the best lures for smallmouth bass fishing from late summer through late fall. This comprehensive seasonal progression video breaks the fall period into distinct water temperature ranges; Feider then tells us what baits work best during each window based on years of hunting big bass on Minnesota’s famed Mille Lacs and other productive Great Lakes region fisheries. His lure selection is narrowed down to the following categories:
TOP BAIT CATEGORIES & BAITS:
Football and Swinging Jigs
Drop Shot Baits
- Strike King Tour Grade Bladed Titanium Umbrella Rig (Underwater b-roll)
- Yum Yumbrella Flash Mob Jr.
- VMC Boxer Jig Head
Single paddletail swimbait (single swimmer)
- Strike King Rage Swimmer Swimbait
- Storm 360 GT Coastal Largo Shad
- Outkast Goldeneye Swimbait Jig Head
You’ll need to watch the full video to know when to put each of these baits to work with maximum effectiveness.