Professional bass angler Jason Christie thinks a lot of anglers are missing the boat when it comes to spinnerbait fishing. A simple straight retrieve will catch a few bass, but imparting action onto the bait with deflections and speed change significantly improves catch rates.
Christie shares four tips to increase spinnerbait fishing success when water temps are in the 50 to 70-degree range. He hits on the importance of triggering reaction strikes with deflections, how to fish parallel down the sides of docks, and how to select blades and retrieve speed based on water temperature and clarity.
- War Eagle Colorado/Indiana Spinnerbait
- Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 94sv Chartplotter/Fishfinder
- Falcon Jason Christie Signature Casting Rod 7′ Med Hvy
- Team Lew’s Hyper Mag Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel
- Sunline Dostrike FC Fluorocarbon Line, 16lb