Fishing for bass after a warmer than average rain in the late winter and early spring can be one of the best ways to find big bass and a huge limit of bass shallow early in the year. We've had some of our best late winter and early spring days fishing after a warm runoff, as it adds not only warmer water but color to the system causing big bass to push up into shallow water.
FISHING TACKLE USED
- Terminator P1 Pro Series Double Willow Spinnerbait, 1/2-ounce, color: Silver Shiner
- Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris Platinum Signature Casting Reel, 6.8:1
- Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris CarbonLite 2.0 Casting Rod, 7' Medium-Heavy
- Bass Pro Shops XPS KVD Signature Series Fluorocarbon Line, 17-pound
- Minn Kota Talon Shallow Water Anchor
This often leads to newly flooded cover which makes a spinnerbait a perfect choice for this unique situation to catch big bass. Ott DeFoe shares a bunch of great tips and big fish catches on his first time out with the new Terminator P1 Pro Series Double Willow Spinnerbait fishing this scenario. A willow leaf spinnerbait is often his first choice in fishing these runoffs in shallow water with rock and wood cover.